W is a premium entertainment channel whose focus is to serve an upmarket female-skewing audience with authentic, rewarding and irresistibly entertaining factual entertainment. While our core demographic is ABC1 30-39 year old women, we look for accessible co-viewable content that offers broader appeal. W became a free-to-air channel on 28th March 2022, and with its 'Life Unfiltered' mantra, distinctive, escapist and life-affirming ideas with strong EPG appeal are key.
- Top talent with passion projects - this could be an authored doc, an entertainment idea, or a far more out-there concept. Well-known household names are really important to give us big PR grabbing moments.
- Observational documentaries in new and unexpected precincts with warm and relatable returning characters.
- Fact-ent formats that are returnable and repeatable.
- Entertaining shows that feel like a treat at the end of a busy day.
- Sticky and noisy ideas that can stand on their own feet without talent.
- We are not looking for reality shows or game shows.
Emma Willis: Delivering Babies, Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over, Inside the Ambulance, Women on the Force, Nurses on the Ward, The Wedding Fixer, Myleene: Miscarriage and Me.
Weekdays 8pm and 10pm, 60' slot.
Proposals should be one to two pages in length. They should clearly state what the proposition is and how the format works in brief. To ensure your idea is logged and tracked, please submit the proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please only send in a proposal if you are affiliated with or from an independent production company.