UKTV Media Limited (04266373) of 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP ("UKTV") is the controller of your personal data.
This notice explains:
- Why UKTV processes your personal data;
- With whom UKTV shares your personal data;
- How UKTV protects your personal data if it is transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA");
- Your rights; and
- Who to contact if you have queries
Why does UKTV process your personal data?
Personal data which is provided to UKTV by producers and / or talent agencies with which it has long-standing relationships (such as, your personal and work contact details, social media account details, professional background information, restraining order information and, where we have your consent, certain health data, and race and ethnicity data), will be used by UKTV in a number of ways in order to enable the commissioning of all original content for UKTV productions which are broadcast on UKTV channels within the UK ("Production") , in particular:
Where it is necessary for UKTV's legitimate interests, and where UKTV's interests are not overridden by your data protection rights, in:
- assessing whether you are a suitable and / or eligible to participate in a Production;
- safeguarding your welfare prior to, and during, participation in the Production; and
- determining whether to authorise the inclusion of footage featuring your image in the Production (pixelated or otherwise).
Where this is necessary for UKTV to establish or perform the contract between you and UKTV, for:
- developing, recording, producing, editing and publicising the Production; and
- broadcasting and distributing the Production and exploiting all allied and ancillary rights including but not limited to video, DVD, online, books and magazines.
Where you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data:
- sending you direct marketing from UKTV; and
- carrying out background checks (including criminal record checks)
When UKTV asks you for personal data, UKTV will make clear which personal data has to be provided by law, or in order for UKTV to enter into or fulfil a contract with you. If mandatory data is not provided, then UKTV will not be able to assess your application to participate in the Production.
UKTV will retain your personal data for as long as we reasonably believe it necessary to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts, including where this is necessary to allow us to continue to broadcast the Production.
With whom does UKTV share your personal data?
- UKTV will not publish your address or contact details.
Your personal data will be shared with:
- members of the commissioning and production team (within UKTV, and the relevant staff at the producer of the Production);
- UKTV insurers, where deemed necessary; and
- third parties who provide services to UKTV in connection with: suppling IT systems and services; marketing and social media support; administering compensation and travel reimbursements.
Information about transfer of personal data
- UKTV does not transfer your personal data outside the EEA.
You have a right to access and correct your data and to ask us to provide some of your personal data in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your data (where we process this for purposes of direct marketing or where we process your personal data because this is in our legitimate interests) and you can ask us to erase or restrict your data. These rights can be limited - for example, if we are required by law to retain your data.
Where you have given UKTV your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to UKTV processing your personal data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time
If you have unresolved concerns about how your personal data has been handled, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority, in the country where you live, work, or where you consider that your data protection rights have been breached.
If you have any questions about how UKTV process your personal data or wish to exercise your rights please email UKTV at DataProtection@uktv.co.uk.